Thursday, December 25, 2008

Who wrote all this?

Not having posted here in over a year, I went back to read over some of my old posts. I'm a little amazed at some of them, really, not so much in their content (I am still who I've always been), but in their expression. I think my ability to express myself in writing has deteriorated considerably over the past year, as most of my writing now is purely 'professional' in nature, always preoccupied with the expression of thoughts not turned inward. Sure, many of those older posts were dramatic, overwrought, and in too many places striving for eloquence that may have turned out more artificial and stilted than articulate or artful - but it disturbs me that I may have had a better hold on my mind just a few years ago than I do now.

I have nearly no time to write for myself anymore... but as they say, use it or lose it.

No comments: